Principles and Values

This year I am taking a course called "Ethics", I did not know what the topic of the course would be, I just figured it out that it would be about "Ethics" and being nice and polite with other people.
I was surprised of what I learned. I learned that there are principles / values which are important in our daily life. As a matter of fact, I have learned these values at home, at school, at my church; however, I was surprised that these same values / principles would be applied for scientific trials.
These are the minimum standards, that we must continously aspire to:
1. Respect: The regard for or appreciation of the worth of value of someone or something.
2. Fairness: All people should be treated equally.
3. Courage: The act of doing what's right even when doing so is difficult.
4. Honesty: Truthness, candor, honesty.
5. Integrity: Committed to a set of values.
6. Objectivity: Treating or dealing with facts without distorsion by personal feelings or bias.
7. Competence: it means that one has the experience, knowledge, ability and skills necessary to identify, analyze, and solve or recommend solutions.
8. Duty: Our primary duty will vary depending on the activity we are performing. For instance, if we are an investigator, our primary duty will be to insure that our employer's activities are conducted in compliance with the laws and regulations of the authorities.

Comentarios

Entradas populares