Papio


Well, "Papio" is how I used to call my grandfather (my grandmother is the one next to him). I was the first one to call him "Papio", and from then all my cousins call him like that too. He was born on 1898, and today if he was alive he would be 110 years old. He became a lawyer, and he was one of the first lawyers graduated in Guatemala, he was very smart, and his favorite game was "chess", I remember that he told me that he once won to a Guatemalan' chess champion (Jose Luis Asturias), who got very upset because he was not expecting to be defeated by a younger man. I miss him a lot, and if I close my eyes, I think I am still able to see his face, and touch his bald. Happy birthday Papio, wherevery you are; although I am sure you're in heaven praying and taking care of all of us.

Comentarios

Entradas populares